RAM, this is the name of my father and I seek him as my role model. SEETA is my mother and she is the epitome of pure love. This is not by chance but by divine grace and good fortune that I choose to be born to them.
In times on earth when man’s existence becomes difficult due to evil forces , we should live by Lord Ram’s ideals. It takes great courage and WILL power to do so. He was a perfect human, Maryada Purushottam . He was Ek patni , a husband devoted to one wife, Ek – vachani , a king who keeps his words and Ek – Bani, an archer who strikes in one go. He was righteous, most virtous, most valiant and most compassionate. All divine transcendental values are found in Sri Ram alone. Ram literally means supreme bliss , Ram means “the Brahman” ( the absolute , the supreme element ) and Ishwara “the God with form” both together.
On this Ram Navami, lets all pledge to embody atleast one of his qualities as given below:
- He never spoke lies.
- He never spoke foul language.
- He will not expect the other person to speak first. He will smile and start the relationship.
- He never played games that involve luck.
- He never remembered what he gave to others.
- He never thought about his greatness.
- If someone did many misdeeds to him but only one good thing in life, he will only talk about that good thing.
- If someone comes and criticize him , he listens about his disappointment and educates him softly to erase his misunderstanding.
- Never in his lifetime did he think about any other woman than Sita.
- He indulged in pleasures while transcending social norms.
- He never wasted his money that earned but spent it on others in a useful way.
- Though he was a king , he was fully aware of the higher truth and did all his spiritual practices.
- He was a well wisher , not just for his people but each and every creature on earth.
- He can be satisfied with 50% of what he usually eats , even a 25% or even a handful of meal.
- His appearance was always pleasing i.e, he presented nicely in front of others.
- The principle of his life was to save anyone who surrendered at his feet, no matter how harm the person has caused to him.
If we take even one of the qualities and practice it sincerely with total surrender to his name , he will make sure you achieve true enlightenment. In stressful and tumultuous times, chant his name to bring peace , peace , prosperity and stability.
Give a Reply